Exxon Neftegas Limited employees, contractors and their families are greatly involved in volunteer activities aimed at supporting and strengthening local communities.
Each year our volunteers devote thousands of hours to community service. These volunteers are the backbone of our community outreach programs. Here are just a few examples of the initiatives our volunteers are actively involved in:
- Presentations given to local students on different aspects of our company's operations, stressing the importance of pursuing a higher education. For many young people such meetings become a key factor in choosing a future career path.
- Blood drives hosted by our office facilities to provide desperately needed blood to local hospitals and the Sakhalin Oblast blood bank.
- Summer beach cleanups at Aniva Bay and the Sea of Okhotsk. Shorelines are cleared of debris and trash, and banners are posted urging beach-goers to "Please keep our nature clean."
- Visits to local orphanages on weekends and special holidays. Many of our volunteers have become mentors to the children, frequently inviting them on various outings such as trips to the beach, cinemas and the Yuzhno City Mall for food and entertainment.
- Many spouses of ENL expatriate employees volunteer as English language tutors at the Sakhalin Technical Training Center in Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, providing Russian technicians the rare and valuable experience of interacting with a native English speaker during their foreign language training program.
Education support is one of the top priorities of Exxon Neftegas Limited community contribution program. Company implemented a lot of projects on behalf of the Sakhalin-1 Consortium to open new educational opportunities for students like state-of-the-art scientific equipment that provides students with practical opportunities to study the most challenging elements and apply modern technology, moreover, new educational programs enable the students to gain the required knowledge without leaving the Island.