Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, December 24, 2015 – At the closing ceremony of Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk Benefactor-2015 contest Exxon Neftegas Limited received an award as the winner in Social Partner nomination.
Exxon Neftegas Limited (ENL) is one of the most active benefactors in Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk. Since the beginning of Sakhalin-1 project operations, ENL has carried out over 1300 social projects, both independently and on behalf of the Consortium, totaling almost 29 million dollars.
“In 2015 Exxon Neftegas Limited celebrates the 20th anniversary since the start of operations on Sakhalin,” said Margarita Tsoy, ENL Vice President, at the awards ceremony. “Over that time ENL has become a reliable partner and a good neighbor for all people of Sakhalin.”
Priority areas of ENL social activity are education, healthcare, culture, sports and supporting the indigenous minority peoples of the North.
The most significant projects implemented with direct support of ENL and Sakhalin-1 Consortium are:
- Establishment of the Technical Oil and Gas Institute jointly with the Sakhalin Oblast Government and Sakhalin State University and providing it with the cutting-edge equipment to train engineering and technical specialists
- Establishment of STEM-Center to develop inter-subject education and train cross-science specialists
- Annual project Eureka – Way to Success to identify and support gifted children
- Purchase of advanced medical equipment for the regional children’s hospital
- Purchase of medical equipment for the regional cancer clinic, including equipment unique not only for Sakhalin but for the entire Russian Far East
- Regular workshops on native arts and crafts including embossing fish skin, wood cutting, birch bark embroidering etc.
- Supporting national ensembles, crafts, exhibitions and conferences for preservation and development of indigenous language and culture, and many others.
Social activity of Exxon Neftegas Limited was also acknowledged at the national level. In late November 2015 the annual survey of Corporate Charity Leaders awarded ENL with a special prize for developing partnership when implementing projects. ENL also made it into the top 20 Russian companies that scored the highest in charitable activities.